We ship fresh wholesale baled Pine Straw 24/7.
-Palletized Pine Straw now Available.
Looking for a great company to ship good clean fresh baled Pine Straw to your door immediately without any hassles? Then you are at the right place. We ship wholesale pine straw in bulk to the Southeast United States 24/7. We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. You can reach us @ (386) 208-4616 or email us using our contact form.
What is Pine Straw?
"Pine Straw" is the fresh, undecomposed fallen pine needles, auburn in color, consisting primarily of longleaf and slash pines, that are raked, baled, and removed from the forest floor for sale as landscaping mulch.
- Pine Straw is an excellent landscape mulching material. Slightly acidic and high in Nitrogen. It doesn't float away. It lets air and water in. It decomposes after a couple of years. It is organic and sustainable.
- Pine Straw is harvested in the winter as the needles start falling around September or November.
- Pine Straw can be harvested from pine stands as early as 6-8 years of age. Unlike bark, pine needles are like leaves & fall every year.
- Our average square bale of pine straw is 12 x 13 x 27 inches long and weighs from 15-20 pounds. Bales spread approximately 50-60 square feet at 3-4 inches in depth.
- In the Southeastern U.S, pine straw is the #1 mulching material used in landscape plantings.
Why use Pine Straw as a mulch?
The number one reason to use any mulch is to conserve water! Mulch is a proven method of retaining moisture in soil, therefore, you use less water for irrigation. And less water for irrigation equals less money spent paying the water bill. Guaranteed! Ask anyone! We're just biased because we like the way pine straw mulch looks, it's easy to spread, and it doesn't wash away. Okay, back to our formal answer...
Pine straw is the best choice for a nice looking, renewable, native organic mulch for much of the Southeast United States. A 2-3 inch layer of mulch is all that is needed to create an effective weed barrier yet allow water to penetrate easily. The pine needles interlock together and stick into the ground below. So even on landscapes with a considerable slope the pine straw will not wash away under the frequent tropical rainstorms like most other mulches. Pine straw is slightly acidic so when it breaks down it keeps the soils ph low and acidic. Therefore, pine straw makes an excellent choice as a muclh for many of the well-known Southern acid loving plants, trees & shrubs such as: (azaleas, fuchsias, gardenias, hydrangeas, ferns, camellias, dogwoods, magnolias, holly trees and all evergreens).
click here for more information on the benefits of using pinestraw as a mulch...
Please Note that our website is changing constantly.... so check back frequently for more products and services.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for a free quote. You can reach us @ (386) 208-4616 or use our contact form. Thank You & we look forward to serving you.
ALABAMA, GEORGIA, AND FLORIDA.
Benefits at a Glance
***YOU USE LESS WATER***
- Controls Weeds
- Light & Easy to Spread
- Improves Soil Structure
- Provides Erosion Control
- Moderates Soil Temperature
Helps Retain Moisture